Tuesday, February 1, 2011

south

Left: Hikkaduwa; right: sunset, Unawatuna.



I spent a lot of January running in between Colombo and Galle. Most of my previous trips down South have been rushed, so I spent most of my days swimming in the sea or hanging out at the usual spots. This time, I had the luxury of being able to explore the fort and different parts of the beaches.



I found my new favourite place in the fort: the upstairs bit of Serendipity Café. I loved the austere concrete with colourful accents, and open-style of the rooftop/gallery. Their daybed-type seats are perfect to while away hours reading and eating/drinking their delicious food.



I got to meet some interesting wild animals in Hikka, including Rosie the turtle, a hermit crab, and a sea urchin.



And I got to try some interesting desserts:

Left: tiramisu with chocolate lychees (i think). Odd combination, but I didn't eat it to know what it tasted like. The Lighthouse.
Middle: cocount caramel tart with passionfruit. So yum, i went back to get this again. It tasted like coconut caramel pudding and the passionfruit nicely cut through the sweetness. Serendipity.
Right: banana, walnut, and caramel tart. also delicious. I unfortunately had to share this. I won't make that mistake next time. The Lighthouse.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I really like how you use the triptych/diptych to match themes and tell stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! by the way, I just bid on a bronica on ebay, largely because of you.

    ReplyDelete